This is a financial promotion for The First State Global Credit Strategy. This information is for professional clients only in the EEA and elsewhere where lawful. Investing involves certain risks including:
- The value of investments and any income from them may go down as well as up and are not guaranteed. Investors may get back significantly less than the original amount invested.
- Currency risk: Changes in exchange rates will affect the value of assets which are denominated in other currencies.
- Credit risk: The issuers of bonds or similar investments may not pay income or repay capital when due.
- Interest rate risk: Interest rates affect the value of investments; if rates go up, the value of investments fall and vice versa.
- Charges to capital risk: The fees and expenses may be charged against the capital property. Deducting expenses from capital reduces the potential for capital growth.
- Derivative risk: The use of derivatives may result in gains or losses that are greater than an investment in the underlying asset.
- Sovereign debt risk: Investment in debt securities issued or guaranteed by governmental entities or their agencies may be exposed to political, social and economic risks. In adverse situations, sovereign issuers may not be able or willing to repay the principal and/or interest when due and investments may suffer significant losses.
- Below investment grade risk: Below investment grade debt securities are speculative and involve a greater risk of default and price changes than investment grade debt securities due to changes in the issuer’s creditworthiness. In periods of general economic difficulty, the market prices may fluctuate and decline significantly.
For details of the FCA authorised firms issuing this information and any funds referred to, please see Terms and Conditions and Important Information below.
For a full description of the terms of investment and the risks please see the Prospectus and Key Investor Information Document for each Fund.
If you are in any doubt as to the suitability of our funds for your investment needs, please seek investment advice.